Friday 23 November 2007

Dawn Landes & Her Young Folks

I was feelin' something kinda rough this morning and I desperately needed some cheer. Luckily for me, this cheer was but a handful of button clicks away. It came in the form of Dawn Landes and The We Sorta Tried Bluegrass Band... A few months ago they came together to cover that most ubiquitous of recent summer hits "Young Folks", re-imagining it as an old-timey bluegrass delight. The beguiling alternating female-male vocals remain, but are now reinforced by a delicate amalgam of acoustic orchestration. Enjoy:



As a result of this tune, I started to give Dawn Landes a listen. I liked what I heard. This is her MySpace. Check it out. Y'all.

3 comments:

tom nerdrock said...

just blogrolled you on my new blog. Let me know what you think!
mytopfive.wordpress.com

John Cav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Cav said...

Tom: I likes it dude. A clever and intuitive wee concept ya got there. It looks sweet too. Huzzah!

Appreciate the blogroll add too might I mention :)