Monday 2 July 2007

Everything You Need To Know About Somebody (?)

It came to me amidst a haze of Corona, Buckfast (?) and misplaced self-confidence. It would have a Saturday night like any other but for this tremendous epiphany... Everything you really need to know about somebody can be learnt by simply asking these two questions:

  • Who would you get to play the part of you in the movie of your life?

  • If you could pick your own theme music, what would it be?

Armed with this effortless insight into the complexities of the human condition, I briefly wandered around the night club asking all and sundry. Some were receptive and thankful for my wisdom. Other answers ranged from "Wha?" to "Fuck off!" However, through the flagrant ignorance of these plebs I had already learnt enough.

With the benefit of hindsight it is now clear to me that perhaps the questions do not drip with the perception I had first assumed of them. Nevertheless, they are a laugh all the same. So this Monday I ask of you a small favour... An answer to both questions.

Let me in. Please.

P.S. Fuelled by said misplaced self-confidence, my answers on Saturday were (a) emo Tobey Maguire from Spiderman 3 and (b) the Countdown theme music. Allow me to give it some more thought and I shall soon post answers of a more genuine persuasion. Out.

3 comments:

Ronan Casey said...

First i've heard of these shenanigans! Freak!

Colm said...

(a)Roberto Begnini
(b)Venga Bus

John Cav said...

Ron, you were otherwise engaged ;)

Colm, inspired choices my man.

On reflection, I would have to say:

(a) Justin Long (The eternal loser/sidekick)
(b) "Here Comes A Special Boy" - Freezepop.