Wednesday 18 April 2007

You Thought Your First Day Was Hard? Spare A Thought For This Young Lad...

We've all been there. Our first day. Finding it tough. Unsure of what to do, at what time, and who to ask for help. Spare a thought for the following 17-year American youth old then. On his first day as a plumber, the young gent burned down a $12 million waterfront mansion. Initial indications are that the blaze was started when the blowtorch he was using in the roof ignigited expanded polystyrene foam.

Ouch. How embarrassing? Thankfully, I can not relate. My worst first day experience involved, unbeknownst to myself, calling my employer an "evil bitch". I had been told this by others and was unaware of who she was. Ah, memories...


http://www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Rookie_Plumber_Burns_Down_12_Million_Mansion_on_His_First_Day

No comments: